The Upper Peninsula is truly a paradise for the avid sportsman. Whether you enjoying hitting the snowmobile trails in the winter months, or prefer to take advantage of the fall hunting season the CedarHurst Lodge’s prime location allows you access to all of your favorite activities.
Fishing: From the banks of the Michigamme River to the of vast waters of Lake Superior, the Upper Peninsula is home to some of the best fishing that the Midwest has to offer. Not only does the CedarHurst Lodge provide comfortable accommodations after a long day on the water, but our staff is also available to help you organize your ultimate fishing adventure. Here is just a sample of the options available to you:
- The Michigamme River: An excellent fishery for Walleye, Northern Pike and small mouth bass.
- Juncob Lake: An abundant population of blue gills for the kids and crappie, largemouth bass and northern pike for the more serious fishermen.
- Buto Lake: Home to jumbo perch and a variety of pan fish.
- Lake Superior: If you’re interested in trying your luck in Lake Superior, contact our staff to arrange for half or full day charter.
- Other Area Streams & Lakes: Offering excellent trout fishing. Let us arrange a guided excursion to these beautiful and remote places.
Snowmobiling: The Upper Peninsula is known to be one of the best places to snowmobile in the country. Groomed trails are easily accessible from the CedarHurst Lodge allowing you premier access into the extensive snowmobile system which runs throughout the Upper Peninsula. After a long day in the snow, return to the Lodge to unwind, rest and relax.
Hunting: Whether you are on the lookout for deer, bear or grouse the CedarHurst Lodge provides a variety of amenities to make your next hunting trip a success. The Lodge has a kennel for your dogs and our outfitter tent on Buto Lake will provide an excellent base camp for your hunt. Our guests also have the option of utilizing one of our five blinds on the Buto Lake property to bag your buck during the Deer firearm season.
Whether you’re looking to land a buck or venture out for bear, visit the DNR website for more information on hunting in the Upper Peninsula.